Owner / Admin
    Dentist
    DAT Scores:
    Chemistry: 19
    Organic Chemistry: 21
    More Details

Default Sample Letter of Recommendations

Most people are trained throughout life not to brag about themselves and it becomes second nature to them. This isn't a barrier in most areas, but it does make writing your own Letter of Recommendation difficult. Many times your teacher is willing to do it, but they want you to have a template for them to start from that they can do some quick edits and send it off. Here is mine, and will try to get a few more for you guys to see examples of what a finished product looks like.

=========================================
    From Othrodontics Lab I used to work at:
    I am happy to have the opportunity to recommend Alan Halls. While Alan was working with us in 2003, he seemed to enjoy the work, was always interested in learning more techniques and expanding his capacity to help in different areas. He also was able to take some of our tedious tasks and create new ways of accomplishing them that saved us time on a regular basis. While he was here he quickly made friends with the other staff members, showed enthusiasm and a great work ethic by always being on time and willing to do any job assigned.
    We employ many students and share the workload by training each one to do the various jobs. As such, Alan was able to work on pouring and preparing models, retainers, palate expanders and finishing work of others. He showed a great ability to multi-task.
    We are excited to recommend Alan be an excellent candidate your program and know he will do well as we saw how he balanced his personal life, school and work. We were happy to recommend him for dental school and now for the Army Please feel free to contact me with any other questions at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

XXXX
    Owner

================================================== =====
    From my Physics Teacher:
    ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY_______________________
    Department of Physics Phone: (US) XXXXXXXXXX
    Tempe, Arizona 85287-1504 Internet: XXXXXXXXXX
    Fax: (US) (XXXXXXXXXX
    Memorandum
    To: Dental School Admissions’ Committee
    XXXXXXXXXX, Department of Physics

Re: Alan Halls – Admission to Dental School
    Date: 23 July 2008

I am writing this reference letter in enthusiastic support of the application of Alan Halls for admission to Dental School. Alan was a student in my PHY 111 class. In the final class list, Alan Halls easily ranked in the top 5% out of more than 150 students, which is a highly creditable performance. He is recognized as a highly conscientious and dedicated student throughout the entire semester, always submitting homework on time and performing extremely well on weekly quizzes and examinations. He participated fully in each lecture by asking questions and also video recording lectures, which allowed others to download online the material that might have been missed in the lectures. He also worked with other teachers with whom I am familiar at other colleges, and he continues to be of service to them on an as-needed basis. Alan displayed much interest in assisting me with my research. He provided useful skills and suggestions in construction and planning on projects in progress, which should help advance the field of electron microscopy. Personally, I have spoken with Alan several and I continue to be impressed with his intellect, his maturity and his commitment about going on to dental school. I have no doubt whatsoever that with his strong drive and motivation he will be highly successful. His application for admission to Dental School has my wholehearted support.

Please feel free to contact me for further information if required.

Sincerely,
    XXXXXXXXXX

Physics, ,Arizona State University Tempe, AZ 85287-1504 USA
    Tel XXXXXXXXXX Fax XXXXXXXXXX email XXXXXXXXXX

Pre-Dental

I had a quick question. I know most dental schools require committee members/ faculty/ or science professor of some sort to write your recommendation letter. My problem is I have been out of school for about 2 years now. What happens if i am unable to get one from a committee member/faculty or science professor? Hope you can help. Thanks!

Owner / Admin
    Dentist
    DAT Scores:
    More Details

I am not sure about the committee letter, you may be out of luck on that one, I would talk with your preferred dental schools and find out what they say. I am not expert in it

As for the other professors, if I were you I would keep tabs with your old professors and see if you could re-develop relationships with them. You may need to take another science class just to get it though I am not sure, talk to your preferred school to find out before going that far.

Premium User
    Pre-Dental

I have a quick question regarding the letter of recommendations. I want to apply this summer and my professors have agreed to send a letter of recommendation for me, however I am not sure where I should tell them to send it. Am I supposed to send them or are they supposed to fax them somewhere?

Owner / Admin
    Dentist
    DAT Scores:
    More Details

Your online application gives information, they need to submit it online, or mail it / fax it in using those instructions.
    Alan